INFORMATION FOR CONTRIBUTORS
(For complete details, see the EXTENDED INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS in January issue or
our web site at http://www.terrapub.co.jp/journals/GJ/index.html)
Geochemical Journal is an international journal devoted to original research papers in geochemistry and cosmochemistry.
Submission to Geochemical Journal is taken to mean that all the listed authors have agreed all the content. The corresponding author is responsible for having ensured that this agreement has been reached.
Manuscripts should be submitted online by the corresponding author at https://www.editorialmanager.com/gj/. The Geochemical Journal editorial office may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Papers submitted will be judged from the standpoint of scientific originality and novelty. An Associate Editor specializing in the subject area will arrange for a review of paper and will communicate directly with the authors; (Some papers are handled by the Executive Editor or the Vice Executive Editor.) The Executive Editor and the Vice Executive Editor, however, reserve the final decision on publication.
Papers must not have been previously published. Authors must agree not to submit elsewhere a paper submitted to and accepted by Geochemical Journal. Geochemical Journal publishes papers in six categories: invited reviews, articles, notes, express letters, data and critical comments. "Invited Reviews" are solicited by the Editor, and provide a synthesis of a major area of interest. "Articles" are the principal mode of reporting research. "Notes" are short reports intended mainly for data presentation to benefit the geochemistry community. "Express Letters" are short, timely papers which report a new idea, experimental method, discovery, invention or so on. "Express Letters" should not exceed six printed pages, including all tables, figures and references. "Data" are analytical reports of valuable geochemical data and datasets (database), which are of international interest to the geochemical research and contribute to the development of the field. The category does not call for a new scientific discovery but provides scientifically meaningful and reliable datasets. "Critical Comments" may also be submitted on a paper previously published in Geochemical Journal. The author of the original paper will be given the opportunity to prepare a reply.
II. Script Requirements
1. Papers must be written in English. The manuscript must be typewritten or computer-printed on A4 paper, double-spaced, and with a wide margin on each side. Authors are requested to include a telephone number, fax number and e-mail addresses of the corresponding author and a list of five suggested reviewers (names, addresses, and e-mail addresses) in a cover letter. Original drawings of illustrations should not be sent until the final revised manuscript is submitted to the publisher for printing.
2. Authors are encouraged to submit to Geochemical Journal by online at https://www.editorialmanager.com/gj/. Send files containing the same items as requested above (the entire manuscript and a separate file containing the cover letter) in either PDF or MS-Word format. Authors are advised not to use fonts other than Times, Times New Roman, and Symbol in the electronic file.
3. The text should be concise and readily understandable. The technical description of the methods used should only be given in detail when such methods are new. The essential contents of each paper should be briefly recapitulated in an abstract.
4. Illustrations should be sufficiently clear, large and bold to permit reproduction at a reduced size suitable for inclusion in the journal. All illustrations should be numbered consecutively and referred to in the text. Figure captions should be provided on a separate sheet.
5. References in the text should be given by quoting the author's name and year of publication. Full references should be listed at the end of each paper, in alphabetical-chronological order and double-spaced. A template of EndNote is available at http://endnote.com/downloads/style/geochemical-journal.
6. Manuscripts should be organized in the order; title, abstract, text, acknowledgments, references, tables, figure captions, figures.