[Return to Article]

Table 15. Required materials for a biomass-fired power generation plant.* Reprinted with kind permission from Springer Science + Business Media: Journal of Forest Research, Energy and carbon dioxide (CO2) balance of logging residues as alternative energy resources: System analysis based on the method of a life cycle inventory (LCI) analysis. 10(2), 2005, 125–134. Yoshioka, T, Aruga, K, Nitami, T, Kobayashi, H, Sakai, H, Table 3. © 2005, Springer Japan.

*The quantity of required materials for a power generation plant is reported to be proportional to the 0.7 power of the net power output of the plant (Tahara et al. 1998). In Chapter 6, the required materials for the 3 MW biomass-fired power generation plant are calculated with reference to a 1,000 MW coal-fired power generation plant (Uchiyama and Yamamoto 1991), given the multiplier 0.0171 (=(3/1000)0.7).
**The subtotal weight of the steel rod, concrete, cable, plumbing, cable tray, conduit, turbine, and boiler corresponds to 70% of the total of the plant. The other 30% is taken up by miscellaneous parts.

[Return to Article]

Copyright © TERRAPUB